Duration: 7 days in Ladakh
Accomodations: Hotels and camping
Best time: May-November
Tsomoriri in the Changthang area, is a High Altitude Lake (4595m/15163ft) in Ladakh and is the largest of the High Altitude Lakes in the Trans-himalayan biogeographic region. It is located between Ladakh, India and Tibet. Tsomoriri is classified as a remnant lake, meaning that it originated from a much larger lake during glacier times. The lake is surrounded by the elevated valley of Rupshu with hills rising to 6000m. "Changpas", the nomadic migratory shepherds of yak, sheep, goats, and horses of Tibetan origin, are the main inhabitants of the area. The Korzok Monastery, on the western bank of the lake is 400 years old and attracts tourists and Buddhist pilgrims.
DAY 1: Arrival in Leh and acclimatize.
DAY 2: Local excursions to markets, Leh Palace, or Shanti Stupa.
DAY 3: Drive to Tsomoriri (218km): Approximately 6 hour drive. Enjoy the views upon arrival.
DAY 4: View the Lake, meet the Nomadic people (Changpas). Visit the Korzok Monastery.
DAY 5: Drive back to Leh.
DAY 6: Day of Leisure: continue to explore the markets and landscape of Leh.
DAY 7: Departure to Delhi.
LAND COST: on request
- All accommodation in Delhi and Leh with breakfast.
- Camping accommodation as per the program with all meals during the treks.
- Mule drivers and mules during the trekking.
- All monastery entrance fees, wild life fees and camping fees.
- English-speaking guide in monasteries and while trekking.
- Service of cook and attendants during the trekking.
- All camping equipment including North Face or equivalent sleeping tent, foam mattresses, dining tent and toilet tents
- All transportation from Delhi Airport pick-up to departure.
What’s not included:
- Medical and evacuation insurance
- Miscellaneous expenses and tipping to the staff
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and food in Leh and Delhi.
- International Air ticket to and from Delhi.
- A single supplement.
- Laundry and other services not mentioned in the package. If you need any arrangement, please let us know.
IMPORTANT TREK NOTES:
Whilst every effort is made to keep to the above itinerary, clients will hopefully appreciate that this is Adventure Travel in a remote mountain region. There will quite likely be changes to the itinerary in terms of anything from on-the-spot choice of campsite to when a rest day is taken. Weather conditions, road conditions, vehicle breakdowns off the beaten track, local availability of horses or yaks, can contribute to the need for changes. The Trek guide will do everything in his power to see that you are inconvenienced as little as possible in such circumstances. Timings are approximate.
© Yama Adventures, 2022.